It has been a lovely and warm long weekend and it is easy to forget that summer will soon be over and autumn will approach in all its glory. As the days get shorter and chillier, this is a great time to talk about improving your ‘transitional dressing’ game between the seasons. I really try to enjoy my wardrobe during this time of year and the following is what I do to maximise my ‘transitional dressing’ style:
- Wear my cotton coats, leather jackets, dusters and kimonos for maximum usage: This is a great time to use all those pieces of outwear that you own that may not be warm enough as the year progresses. A duster or kimono is a great add-on to summery outfits and provide that extra layer without making you too warm.
- Wearing short boots with my dresses: This is the perfect time of the year to start wearing your short ankle boots and booties with your outfits. I love wearing ankle boots with dresses – it’s a fabulous look that is a ‘transitional dressing’ winner.
- Adding knits to my outfits: It is time for the chunky knits to make their debut! A stylish knit over your dress looks great and it is the perfect time for them to shine as they are sufficiently warm for the season and won’t be overshadowed by the big coats that will arrive later.
- Wearing jeans and trousers with my dresses: I always try to make my dress-wearing last longer by adding jeans and trousers to them at the end of summer. Jeans and trousers under your dresses is a current trend so wearing them will show off your fashion prowess and keep you warm at the same time. Let’s face it – I am a bit of a shopper and as I am going to shop anyway, I try and purchase some full sleeve dresses during this time that will look good over trousers in the coming months.
- Get my legs out: This is it – the time to get my legs out is now! I try to enjoy wearing my dresses during this transitional time as soon it will be too cold and my legs will go into hibernation till next spring/summer. Therefore, I work hard to ditch the jeans and enjoy the dresses while I can…
I adore this full sleeve dress that is easy to wear and easy on my pocket. I have stuck to a completely neutral palette here by pairing it with my pale leather jacket and nude heels. Finally, I have added a bold cuff to make a statement and I love how the gold pops against the dress. I hope you enjoy this look and have a great week ahead. Thank you so much for visiting my blog.
Clothes and Accessories:
Dress – H&M (£17.99)
Leather Jacket – Massimo Dutti
Clutch – Topshop