The streets are decorated, mince pies are on sale and you know the holiday season is upon us in London because it is finally very cold outside! The following weeks up to the New Year are going to be a whirlwind of activity, even for the most socially sedentary of us. There are going to be school fairs, work parties, friends parties and shopping trips and they are all great opportunities to incorporate some holiday cheer into our daily styling decisions.
I find that one of the best ways to really get into the holiday spirit is to ‘dress up’ just a tad bit every day. Even on a cold and dreary day, festive dressing puts a real spring in my step and naturally brightens my mood (if that doesn’t work, eating a mince pie definitely does the trick).
Below are my favourite ways to add some festive style to my daily wardrobe at this time of the year:
- Wear Mettalics: Metallic clothes work perfectly in adding that bit of sparkle to your daily outfit. I bought this metallic jumper last year and I have worn it ad nauseam ever since.
- Wear the colours gold, silver and bronze: These rich tones are perfect for this time of the year and I am amazed at how well they work together in a single palette.
- Wear red: Make red your accessory colour of the month – I make it a point to incorporate my red bags and scarfs into my outfits this month because why not!
- Wear Jacquard: I am a huge fan of Jacquard and its woven richness really makes a great winter fashion statement.
- Dress up that little bit extra every day: This is the one time in the year that nobody begrudges you that little bit more sparkle and shine in your outfit. I bought this silver leather jacket in the sales last year and I have great fun putting it on this time of the year.
I hope you enjoy this lookbook and decide to dress up for that work meeting tomorrow (perhaps leave out the silver leather jacket). Have a great rest of the week and thank you for visiting my blog.
Clothes and Accessories:
Jumper – And other Stories
Jacquard trousers – H&M
Shoes – Karen Millen, similar Karen Millen
Clutch Bad – Henri Bendel
Leather Jacket – Zara, similar – ASOS