Hello everyone. I wanted to reach out this morning and wish you all a very Merry Christmas. I hope that Santa and other benevolent beings bring you all that you had hoped for and you have a wonderful day filled with laughter, loved ones and lebkuchen (I love those treats).
A festival is a festival and festive dressing should be a celebration of style, occasion and special pieces that exemplify the festivities. I have made no secret of the fact that I am a fan of fusion dressing and mixing ethnic and western styles is an exercise I always enjoy. I often heard friends bemoaning the fact that Indian costume jewellery is underutilized in their daily lives. This Christmas, I wanted to attempt a festive look that combined the Christmas spirit with some complementing ethnic jewellery that many of us have in our wardrobes.
In this lookbook, I have paired an off the shoulder red jumper with black wide-leg trousers and boots. I have topped it off with my favourite cream coloured teddy coat of the season and a trusty green clutch as a nod to Christmas colours. Finally, I have accessorized with this beautiful jewellery from Torran design to help set the look apart. This is not a pairing that I would wear every day but given the festive season – it’s a great statement outfit and one that’s sure to stand out from the crowd.
Have a truly fabulous holiday season and I hope that you enjoy the festivities to their fullest. Thank you so much for reading my blog – your support is truly appreciated.
Clothes and accessories:
Jewellery – Toraan
Teddy Coat – Warehouse
Jumper – Karen Millen
Trousers – Zara
Clutch – ASOS
The streets are decorated, mince pies are on sale and you know the holiday season is upon us in London because it is finally very cold outside! The following weeks up to the New Year are going to be a whirlwind of activity, even for the most socially sedentary of us. There are going to be school fairs, work parties, friends parties and shopping trips and they are all great opportunities to incorporate some holiday cheer into our daily styling decisions.
I find that one of the best ways to really get into the holiday spirit is to ‘dress up’ just a tad bit every day. Even on a cold and dreary day, festive dressing puts a real spring in my step and naturally brightens my mood (if that doesn’t work, eating a mince pie definitely does the trick).
Below are my favourite ways to add some festive style to my daily wardrobe at this time of the year:
- Wear Mettalics: Metallic clothes work perfectly in adding that bit of sparkle to your daily outfit. I bought this metallic jumper last year and I have worn it ad nauseam ever since.
- Wear the colours gold, silver and bronze: These rich tones are perfect for this time of the year and I am amazed at how well they work together in a single palette.
- Wear red: Make red your accessory colour of the month – I make it a point to incorporate my red bags and scarfs into my outfits this month because why not!
- Wear Jacquard: I am a huge fan of Jacquard and its woven richness really makes a great winter fashion statement.
- Dress up that little bit extra every day: This is the one time in the year that nobody begrudges you that little bit more sparkle and shine in your outfit. I bought this silver leather jacket in the sales last year and I have great fun putting it on this time of the year.
I hope you enjoy this lookbook and decide to dress up for that work meeting tomorrow (perhaps leave out the silver leather jacket). Have a great rest of the week and thank you for visiting my blog.
Clothes and Accessories:
Jumper – And other Stories
Jacquard trousers – H&M
Shoes – Karen Millen, similar Karen Millen
Clutch Bad – Henri Bendel
Leather Jacket – Zara, similar – ASOS