Hello everyone – it has been patchy but I am all geared up to be back with a bang. This forty-something fashion enthusiast has finally resolved her time management problems – quite simply by just deciding that some things will have to wait. This blog has been a labour of love for two years and it has been good for my soul – I am hopeful that this break will not be repeated soon.
One thing, however, is for certain – we will not be hearing this autumn that London did not see a proper summer! It’s been a summer on steroids in the English capital and I have never seen so much positivity and animosity expressed towards the same weather pattern by disparate individuals. It has been hot, hot and hot in a way that I cannot remember since I moved to London almost two decades ago. The full-blown summer had been a great incentive for everyone to get out all their summer clothes and I have never enjoyed so much summer fashion on display in the capital as I have this year.
Summer dresses are my favourite summer fashion statement! Nothing says summer quite like brightly coloured dresses with gorgeous prints. I often find myself at Victoria Station and as may be evident by now – I can shop anywhere. I bought both these gorgeous dresses from the JOY shop at the station. Yellow is my favourite colour and I knew I would not be catching my intended train when I saw this gorgeous floral number in the window. A week later, I went into the shop again only to exit with this lovely fruit printed pink dress – the colour and the flared skirt are right up my alley. These summery dresses work so well with wedge heels and flats and I find that wearing these cheerful prints puts a smile on my face and spring in my step.
My message of the day – soon summer will be on its way out and a chill in the air will herald the arrival of fall. Therefore, even when you are roasting in the heat for the next two days – enjoy it because soon the heat will be gone and you will remember it so fondly on a cold and rainy autumn day in London!
I would love some feedback on the blog and what you would like me to feature in the near future. As always, thank you for reading my blog and have a great week ahead.
Clothes and accessories:
Yellow sunflower dress – JOY
Pink fruit dress – JOY
Clutch – Michael Kors
Wedges – Coach
I publish a new fashion lookbook blog post a few times a week. I am truly grateful to my readers who take the time to view and read them. Like most bloggers, I hope that in time new readers will discover my work and enjoy it as well. To this effect, I thought I would put together some valid reasons for considering following a fashion blogger.
So without further ado, here are my top six reasons to follow a fashion blogger:
- Inspiration and Ideas: In most facets of life, we could all do with a bit of inspiration and some new idea generation. Fashion bloggers will often experiment with ideas that may get your creative juices flowing. For example, I enjoy doing a column called ‘Rescue Mission’ where I discuss rescuing, updating and restyling my older Indian wear for a new spin on the block.
- Exposure to a different perspective: We all inhabit our own fashion worlds and our fashion outlook is often limited to our own experiences and those of the people around us. Following a fashion blogger will expose you to a different dimension of fashion that you may or may not have considered before. I am still amazed that despite being a fashion lover for decades, I constantly encounter new styling ideas that have never occurred to me before that very moment. Taking the time to appreciate another look does not mean you have to adopt it or even like it. However, I can almost guarantee that it will expand your styling horizons and soon you will find yourself considering fashion options you have never considered before. Think of it as fashion by osmosis!
- Free expert advice and free entertainment: As Malcolm Gladwell said in his book ‘Outliers’, spending 10,000 hours doing anything will likely make you an expert at it. Most fashion bloggers have a passionate interest in fashion and will spend many hours exploring it. Eventually, many of them will become experts in being able to curate clothes and accessories in a uniquely attractive manner (I am still working on getting there). Following their blog allows you to take advantage of their knowledge and expertise for free. Think of a fashion blog as a free fashion magazine, delivered directly to your computer. You can look at it when you are waiting for the bus or your kids to finish their piano lesson. Best of all, it doesn’t pile up in a corner and you don’t have to steal it from the dentist’s office!
- Keeping up with trends: Even if fashion is not your thing, it is always nice to be dressed in a way that demonstrates that you have visited a shop in the last 10 years. A good fashion blogger can help you keep up with the latest fashion trends, what’s new in the shops and what people are wearing on the street, without you having to make a concentrated effort to keep up yourself.
- Exposure to new designers and brands: Fashion bloggers will often feature collaborations with designers and brands that you may not have chanced upon yourself. Following a blogger you identify with, will expose you to brands that you may enjoy but would not have discovered on your own.
- Authentic fashion: Last but definitely not least, what I love about fashion bloggers is that I get a genuine insight into another person’s world and their fashion choices. Unlike models in a magazine, fashion bloggers style themselves and bring you an authentic view of styling that may or not work for a particular age or body type. Bloggers allow you to identify with a person versus a brand and you can accompany them on an authentic fashion journey that is influenced by their individual circumstances. For example, I am in my forties with a husband, children, a job and live in a cold country. My fashion choices and posts will reflect my realities and hopefully be more relevant and interesting for it.
So there you have it! I have laid out, perhaps not so subtly, my reasons for why you should consider reading my blog and if you are in a charitable mood, even following it. However, even if my blog is not your cup of tea, I would recommend finding a few fashion bloggers whose work you enjoy. It is a great way to get different ideas about fashion that you can incorporate into your own style to maximize your personal fashion statement.
I hope you enjoy this lookbook and have a great weekend! Thank you for visiting Isha’s Verdict.
Clothes and Accessories:
Tunic Dress (looking forward to wearing this with jeans in the winter) – Stradivarius
Vest – Nordstrom Rack
Sandals – New Look
Handbag – Eliza and James